Spending winter at Falls Creek with family is an overdose of fresh air, crusty mountains, and beautiful alpine villages. While summer signifies digging out your swimming suits, winters are sharpening your shoe edges for snow. Here are little reasons why you should think about spending the next winter at Falls Creek with family for an extra dose of fun.
- The scenery around the area offers snow packed mountains, rugged peaks and an assortment of pines as far are you can see.
- The activities include mountain biking, Trail running, Road cycling, Snowmobiling, etc. Apart from these, there are a number of activities specifically for kids.
- Falls Creek has the most consistent snowfall.
- There are a number of world-class hotels and resorts where you and your family can feel at home.
- The activities are available both in the day as well as at night time.
- The village has day care, a day spa and plenty of options for shopping as well as food.
- The night life is pretty attractive and something is available for everyone as per the taste.
Accommodations and other facilities
Family accommodation at Falls Creek is affordable as well as luxury. Accommodation includes basics like room service, accommodation for family, individually controlled heating systems, hanging areas etc. You may also ask for rooms with a balcony that will enable you to enjoy the beautiful view.
Here are few basics one should consider at Falls Creek,
- Do not forget to carry sunglasses and sunscreen these are important all year around
- Take regular breaks during the activities and drink lots of water
- Wear warm, windproof as well and water proof clothing.
- Do not stay if the weather deteriorates. It is advisable that you come back to your resort/hotel/lodge.
Additional tips to make the most out of your vacation at Falls Creek
- Stay with the group or family members. Always carry the map along with you, it will be helpful in case separated. Falls Creek lodge accommodation, hotels as well as resorts usually have a falls creek map. You can consider taking it from any of them.
- Be very careful when you have kids along. Do not let them out of your sight. See to it that the activities that they do are always done in the presence of a professional and adequate first aid solutions are available.
- Observe all the signs and warnings mentioned.
- If you are engaging in a sport it is imperative that you wear a helmet.
How to get there
You can consider a wide range of options that are available. Car, air, coach private transfers are the transportation modes to reach Falls Creek. Falls Creek is about 4.5 hours from Melbourne and an easy day’s drive from Sydney. There are a number of bus facilities available from Brisbane and Adelaide. In case you want a faster option, you can always consider fly/drive. Flights from Melbourne, Sydney, and Canberra to Albury can reach you the resort in about 3.5 hours once you board the flight.